Very practical, yet insightful points!
More and more this case looks like a tragedy that did not need to happen. The homeowner is in deep trouble for his failure to prepare.
Some preliminary lessons:
- Mentally run through likely scenarios and incorporate “No-Shoot” and “Shoot outcomes”
- Mentally preparing yourself will make you less “jumpy”
- There is no such thing as an “accidental discharge” only a negligent discharge.
- It sounds like Theodore Wafer may have had his finger on the shotgun trigger when he was not ready to fire.
- If someone is frantically pounding on your front door, hold your fire and assess the situation.
- It looks like Theodore Wafer may have acted rashly on limited information about the situation as well.
- Assess the situation and see who it is at the door.
- Prepare your home in advance to maximize your advantage
View original post 1,207 more words